Friday, April 10, 2009

I have been more stressed this past month than I have in my entire life - not really. I just have to be dramatic. Still, I am just getting overwhelmed with stuff! I got engaged, was told that our landlord was being foreclosed upon, started looking for a place to rent, started planning a wedding, started planning trips back home to see the fam and to go fishing with my mom and dad, and then work on top of that. I still have baby gifts in my trunk from MONTHS ago that I haven't mailed yet. Who does that? ME.

After looking at places to rent, I decided we should just buy. It's going to suck so bad to leave our high-rise condo on the Las Vegas strip, but I can't afford a $600,000 mortgage! At least I am able to say that I did it. That's what I have to keep telling myself. How many other people can actually say they lived on Las Vegas Blvd.? Yeah, Melissa, keep telling yourself that. :)

I have been through the house search. It was pure hell. Do I move far away from work and drive 30 minutes a day to have a larger house with a big yard or do I move way closer and sacrifice a few things? Well, after looking at over 50 houses - and this time I am NOT being dramatic, we have found the one! We opted for a house close to work and family with a smaller yard and a large, open floor plan. The bedrooms are small, but in Vegas, you don't get a lot for your money! We are content and excited and it's big enough for us and a couple of kids - ONE DAY.

We've placed our offer, signed 74000 forms, had the bank accept our offer, open escrow, and we've had the appraisal. We only have the inspection left and then we close! Wish me luck because you never know what could happen - especially when dealing with me! My parents are coming out the first week of May to help us fix it up. I'm so lucky that my mom loves to shop and decorate and my dad is a contractor!

One last thing to all you ladies having babies...I am awful. I have your gifts and I feel terrible, but one day at a time! I'm trying. I really am. I just made the mistake of getting something too large to fit in a box that the post office sells. What was I thinking? It's coming. I swear!






4 comments:

Heather said...

The house is too cute! I love it. Just think smaller yard less to mow and smaller bedrooms less to keep clean. Don't stress yourself out it will all work out in the long run and if you are talking about me and the baby gift...don't sweat it! I still haven't sent thank you cards out to all the people from my church that got us stuff because 2 days after the shower surprise Amidy was here!!! And now she is 24 days old. So don't worry!!!

Kristi Carmon Huskey said...

Congratulations on your new home and your engagement. The house is very nice. I like the open floor plan too. Heather's right, a smaller yard means less to mow. Good luck with the rest of the closing and the move in. The unpacking of stuff won't be real fun but the decorating and seeing it come together will...

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! New HOUSE here you come! There's nothing like having a house to call yours ;-) CONGRATS on all the life events!!!!!

Dana Brindley-Bennett said...

I love it!! What a cute house... and I'm with the rest of the gang on less to mow and clean. Smaller house all the way!!